CBD is widely known in the wellness industry as a natural product that promotes overall health. It is available in the form of capsules, oil, tinctures, supplements, beverages, and topical creams. Primarily, it helps in dealing with pains and aches, joint health, and mood disorders, as well as cognitive issues. But what many don’t know is that it has also been proven to impact sex life positively.
Well, it only makes sense that CBD is a valuable addition to sex life. Everything that it claims to do – from reducing pains and inducing calming sensations in the body to tackling anxiety – is also at the root of most sex-related troubles. Human bodies are weird. What was once pleasurable can suddenly turn into a painful experience. Sexual fulfillment is such an important part of our lives that lack of it can lead to a host of other issues.
Now that CBD has entered your bedroom, there is better than a natural alternative to sexual supplements to your troubles. A variety of CBD-infused sex products are now making their way to the market, all aiming to improve your sex life. These include lubricants to reduce dryness, massage oils and lotions for pleasurable foreplay, edibles like oil tinctures and oral sprays to reduce anxiety and enhance pleasure.
How CBD Improves Sex
CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant, usually hemp. CBD-infused products usually do not contain the psychoactive compound THC, which causes the ‘high’. Users of CBD can enjoy its benefits without any risk of conscious alteration. CBD works with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) to lower pain, inflammation, improve energy levels, soothe anxiety, help you sleep better, and basically manage your overall health.
CBD’s health benefits also lead to significant improvements in sex lives. Let’s look at the ways in which CBD can help:
- Reducing Pain: Pain during sex can be caused by a number of reasons, from infections and dryness to chronic issues like endometriosis. Personal lubricants imbued with CBD help in reducing pain and inflammation during sex to a huge extent, while topical application products like massage oils can help loosen up and relax muscles in those who tense up during sex. They provide a sense of calmness and are a powerful tool to combat pain during sex.
- Improving Pleasure: Research suggests that CBD helps the cannabinoid receptors in your reproductive organs work better. It improves blood flow to sexual tissues, increases sensitivity, and boosts your body’s natural capacity to lubricate, making sex more pleasurable. Massage oils and lotions imbued can serve the dual purpose of increasing blood flow for both men and women and help you get in the mood.
- Easing Anxiety: We tend to make jokes out of the performance anxiety phenomenon, but to those suffering from it, it can be debilitating. In some cases, performance anxiety is so extreme that it causes people’s joints to freeze and muscles to spasm. CBD-infused products relax muscles and bring about feelings of looseness and warmth, allowing you to focus on the act of sex and the pleasure instead of other things. If you feel more comfortable ingesting CBD, try CBD chocolates right before sex.
- Getting in The Mood: While CBD does not have any psychoactive effects, it does put you in the mood for love by reducing overall feelings of stress and anxiety. A calm mental state is one of the key requirements of having a good sex life because constant anxiety often kills the mood. CBD boosts anandamide in the body, a neurotransmitter that mimics oxytocin (the love hormone). Once distractions are out of the way, you can really focus on having a positive experience.
- Better Orgasms: All the feelings of sensitivity and relaxation that CBD induces have to serve some purpose, right? These feelings usually lead to better, longer-lasting and intense orgasms. CBD is also known to increase blood flow to sexual organs, which is another contributing factor towards better orgasms. CBD lubricants are especially helpful for heterosexual women, many of whom struggle to orgasm during sex.
- Manage Erectile Dysfunction: Several traditional forms of medicine like Ayurveda have used the cannabis plant to cure erectile and ejaculatory issues in men. CBD is already known to relax muscles and improve blood flow to sexual organs. Experts believe that this is one of the ways it can help those who struggle with erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
Precautions While Using CBD
- Invest in Quality Products: Instead of going for the first CBD product you see, take time to research, read reviews, and check specifications. Make sure that the product you have chosen meets industry checks and quality standards by reputed labs, is 100% natural and plant-based, and is legal in your state.
- Check THC Content: There are two types of CBD – those derived from hemp, and those derived from marijuana. While both hemp and marijuana are varieties of cannabis, they have different levels of THC. THC is the compound of cannabis that causes the high and should be less than 0.3% in a product for it to be legal. Marihuana usually has THC in a higher concentration, so stick to hemp products.
- Check with Your Doctor: If you have any underlying health conditions, especially heart diseases, you might want to consult your doctor before trying out CBD products. Pregnant and lactating women also need to exercise caution. If you are considering trying for a baby, consult your gynecologist before investing in a CBD product.
How to Use CBD in the Bedroom
CBD does not work like a pill or a sex supplement. You cannot take it right before having sex and hope to feel its effects within 5-10 minutes. Whether you use it in the form of a lubricant or consume orally, you will need to plan ahead and take it roughly an hour before you have sex. This will give it enough time to start working its magic!
When it comes to dosage, everybody needs a different amount. For beginners, the best option is to start as low as possible and slowly increase their dosage every couple of weeks, depending on how the CBD product works for them. If it starts to feel better or worse, increase or decrease your dosage. CBD is completely natural, safe, and does not cause side effects, so feel free to experiment!
Sexual pleasure can no longer be dismissed as a frivolous concern or a taboo subject. It is an essential part of life that needs as much attention as other health issues. Fulfilling sex life can make all the difference in moods, self-confidence, personal relationships, and overall health. If you are experiencing any trouble in your sex life, it is bound to affect other areas of life as well.
CBD is one of the safest, most natural alternatives to sex supplements. It resolves a wide range of issues connected to unfulfilling sex life: pain during sex, loss of libido, performance anxiety, inability to orgasm, and even erectile dysfunction. Even if you don’t suffer from these issues, CBD is an excellent option to improve your sex life. Invest in some exciting new CBD products for your bedroom and experience your sex life to transform.