Who's OnlineWe have 180 guests and 3 members online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Wednesday, 20 November 2013 16:45(JollofNews) – Opposition parties in the Gambia are to hold series of nationwide political rallies as part of a broader engagement strategy to restore democracy and the rule of law in the West African nation.
The Progressive People’s Party (PPP) and the Gambia Moral Congress (GMC) are expected to partner with the main opposition United Democratic Party (UDP) in the rallies to mobilise political support and to address urgent concerns of Gambians.
Ahead of the meetings, a newly formed Committee for the Restoration of Democracy in the Gambia (CORDEG) seeking the support of Diaspora Gambians in their efforts to flush the APRC government of Yahya Jammeh.
“The task before us would require the prayers and participation of all who aspire to a better future for our country and that is why we start this difficult journey confident that all citizens of goodwill will stand together,” said Lamin Tunkara, an executive member of the organisation.
“We face a grave national crisis and we must rise to the occasion by bringing all hands on deck to save ourselves and our country.’’
To enable the opposition parties to conduct effective political meetings in the Gambia, CORDEG have set up a permanent revolving fund (Gambia Democratic Action Group – Conference. Routing: 053000219 Account Number: 1560287235) with Wells Fargo Bank and are seeking the support of Diaspora Gambians.
Written by JollofNews
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail