Friday, 12 April 2013 16:23(JollofNews) – Mathew Jallow, a prominent US based Gambian activist and associate editor of the online newspaper, The Gambia Echo, has left hospital almost a week after suffering a stroke.
My Jallow, who has been campaigning for the restoration of true democracy and the rule of the law in the Gambia for over a decade, was taken ill last week.
The stroke is understood to be minor.
Confirming the news on his Facebook page, Mr Jallow wrote: “I am out of hospital and doing well and thanks I am left intact with no disabilities, but the future is not without challenges, and we will adjust accordingly.”
Written by PK Jarju
Who's OnlineWe have 132 guests and 3 members online
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- APRC Retains Seat In Constituency By—Election
- South Africa’s Nelson Mandela Dies
- European Union To Vote On Gambia’s Aid Package
- Exiled Gambian Editor Publishes Memoir
- Three Gambians Remanded For Stealing Yahya Jammeh’s Cows
- Gambia Makes U-turn On Chicken Legs Ban
- Gambian Detained For Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Freed
- Gambia’s Information Minister Nana Grey—Johnson Fired
- Opposition Parties To Hold Unity Rallies In Gambia
- Exorbitant Demands For Aid Causes Gambia/Taiwan Tie Break
- Taiwan Regrets Gambia’s Decision To Cut Ties
- Gambia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Taiwan
- Gambia’s Jammeh Admits ‘I Am A Dictator’
- Gambians In London Takes To The Street
- Senegal‚ Casamance Rebels Set Talks Agenda