Who's OnlineWe have 179 guests and 1 member online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Monday, 08 April 2013 17:11(JollofNews) – Mathew Jallow, a prominent Gambian activist and associate editor of the online newspaper, The Gambia Echo is recovering in a US hospital after suffering a stroke.
My Jallow, who has been campaigning for the restoration of true democracy and the rule of the law in the Gambia for over a decade, was taken ill on Thursday evening.
Announcing the news on his Facebook page, Mr Jallow wrote: “I just want to let my Facebook friends know that I had a stroke attack on Thursday after dinner and I am recovering in hospital. So far, everything looks fine except that I lost my moto-skills.
“In other words, I get dizzy and suffer vertigo when I try to stand up and walk. Doctors say it will eventually heal and I can resume normal duties. Thanks for all the outpouring of support I received from a lot of friends.
In another post, Mr Jallow thanked his Facebook friends and family for their prayers and well wishes.
“Thank you all good friends and family,” he wrote. “Just began physical therapy with a nurse and was able to walk a little with the help of a walker without getting vertigo or dizziness. Your prayers are being answered. I am making steady progress as of now. Once again thanks, Love you all.”
Written by PK Jarju
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Ex—Gambia’s Chief Justice Is In Ghana – Gov’t
- Ex—Foreign Minister Decries Absence Of United Opposition In Gambia
- Gambians Urged To Take A Stand Against President Jammeh
- DUGA Concludes Sensitisation Tour In Senegal
- Sacked Gambia’s Chief Justice In Hiding
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail