Thursday, 27 December 2012 17:22(JollofNews) – The director of television programming of the Gambia Radio and Television Services (GRTS), Lamin Manga, has been appointed as the new director general of the state broadcaster.
Mr Manga, 35, succeeded veteran broadcaster Alhagie Momodou Sanyang, who left his post over a month ago on health grounds.
Malick Jones, was earlier appointed as acting director general but has had his appointment rescinded for unexplained reasons.
Mr Manga started his career as a disc jockey with Radio 1 FM in the early 1990s before leaving for the UK to study print journalism.
While in the UK, he did an internship with BBC Radio Manchester and later served as public relations assistant with the British all-girl group Cleopatra.
He later returned to Banjul to work at the GRTS for seven years before leaving to start the Unique FM radio group. He returned to GRTS last December as director of programmes.
Written by PK Jarju
Who's OnlineWe have 242 guests and 1 member online
Should Death Penalty Be Abolished In The Gambia?
Follow us on Twitter
- Obama To Take First Major Africa Trip In Late June
- Top Gambian Sports Executive Officer Dies
- G/Bissau Declares Mourning For Ex-Interim President
- Book Review: Standing Up Against Injustice – Dr. Amadou S Janneh
- Gambia's Jammeh In LGBT 'Hall Of Shame'
- Ex-Gambian Minister Publishes Memoirs
- Gambia Supports UN Resolution On Syria
- Two Gambians In Court For 'Gay Sex'
- Iranian Azim Aghajani Convicted Over Nigeria Arms
- Amnesty Int’l Denounces Gambia’s Harsh Criminal Law
- Michael Scales Gives To JollofNews
- Jollof News Online Appeals For Help
- Twelve Bomb Disposal Experts Abducted In Senegal
- Gambia Sticks Two Fingers Up At Britain
- Gambian Women Still Facing Discrimination, Sexual Violence