Monday, 10 September 2012 20:51(JollofNews) – Immigration officials in the Gambia have warned Gambians travelling within and outside of the country to carry identity cards or face possible arrest and prosecution.
The Immigration Department said security officers in the country are having confrontations with many Gambians it accused of being in the habit of travelling within and outside the country without identity cards.
“This practice is unacceptable and unlawful and must stop with immediate effect for security reasons,” the department said.
Written by PK Jarju
Who's OnlineWe have 104 guests online
Should Death Penalty Be Abolished In The Gambia?
Follow us on Twitter
- Obama Tells Africa To Stop Blaming Colonialism For Problems
- Sacked Gambian Justice Officials Remanded
- Banjul—Barra Ferries Are 'Filthy, Smelly'- DA Jawo
- Ex—Senegal First Lady On Emotional Visit To Jailed Son
- Gambian Judiciary In The Hands Of Mercenary Judges
- Gambia’s Petroleum Minister Njogu Bah Removed
- Gambia’s Jammeh Vows To Eradicate Criminality
- Detained Gambian Editor Recounts Torture
- Detained Gambian Minister's Family Expressed Concern
- Gambian MPs Pays Tribute To Paul Mendy
- New Public Transport System For Gambia
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Begins Nationwide Tour
- Gambia To Inaugurate First ICT Assembly Plant
- Gambia Expels Lebanese Business Tycoon
- Correction: Re—Former Gambian MP Paul Mendy Dies In Detention