Who's OnlineWe have 254 guests online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Jollof News Online Appeals For Help
Monday, 06 May 2013 13:50(JollofNews) – The management of Gambia’s online newspaper, JollofNews, is seeking support for the up keep and maintenance of its website.
The newspaper which was established in 2010 by exiled Gambian journalists as an alternative news source for Gambians both in the Gambia and Diaspora is facing the prospect of being taken offline due to lack of finances.
Yusupha Cham, managing editor and publisher of JollofNews, said since its establishment, JollofNews was financed and maintained solely by its editorial team who are also studying for their university degrees in the United Kingdom.
“However, as part of our desire to expand the coverage of this precious medium as well as to provide objective news to our readers, we need help,” he said.
Mr Cham added: “We currently owe our host some maintenance fee and without help, we will soon be taken offline.”
Donations can be made directly on the newspaper’s PayPal account. Alternatively, those wishing to donate anonymously can contact the management of JollofNews on +44 (0) 7400130000.
- Mike Scales
- Aunty Yama
- M Ahmed
- Amadou Dibba
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Sacked Gambia’s Chief Justice In Hiding
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail