Jollof News Online Appeals For Help
Monday, 06 May 2013 13:50(JollofNews) – The management of Gambia’s online newspaper, JollofNews, is seeking support for the up keep and maintenance of its website.
The newspaper which was established in 2010 by exiled Gambian journalists as an alternative news source for Gambians both in the Gambia and Diaspora is facing the prospect of being taken offline due to lack of finances.
Yusupha Cham, managing editor and publisher of JollofNews, said since its establishment, JollofNews was financed and maintained solely by its editorial team who are also studying for their university degrees in the United Kingdom.
“However, as part of our desire to expand the coverage of this precious medium as well as to provide objective news to our readers, we need help,” he said.
Mr Cham added: “We currently owe our host some maintenance fee and without help, we will soon be taken offline.”
Donations can be made directly on the newspaper’s PayPal account. Alternatively, those wishing to donate anonymously can contact the management of JollofNews on +44 (0) 7400130000.
- Mike Scales
- Aunty Yama
- M Ahmed
- Amadou Dibba
Who's OnlineWe have 85 guests online
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Veteran Gambian Journo Hits Back At Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh Attends Mandela’s Memorial
- Yahya Jammeh Blames External Forces For Africa’s Wars
- APRC Retains Seat In Constituency By—Election
- South Africa’s Nelson Mandela Dies
- European Union To Vote On Gambia’s Aid Package
- Exiled Gambian Editor Publishes Memoir
- Three Gambians Remanded For Stealing Yahya Jammeh’s Cows
- Gambia Makes U-turn On Chicken Legs Ban
- Gambian Detained For Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Freed
- Gambia’s Information Minister Nana Grey—Johnson Fired
- Opposition Parties To Hold Unity Rallies In Gambia
- Exorbitant Demands For Aid Causes Gambia/Taiwan Tie Break
- Taiwan Regrets Gambia’s Decision To Cut Ties
- Gambia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Taiwan