Who's OnlineWe have 110 guests and 1 member online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Friday, 04 January 2013 15:45(JollofNews) – The electoral commission of the Gambia has announced the date for the country’s local government elections.
The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) said it will conduct the elections for the Mayors of Banjul and Kanifing Municipal Council and councillors for the 114 wards in the country on April 4
Nominations of candidates will take place at the commission’s regional offices across the country on March 14 to 16.
Meanwhile it is not clear whether opposition parties in the country will contest the elections.
The opposition parties boycotted the last parliamentary elections following concerns at the lack of a level playing field in the country’s electoral process.
Written by PK Jarju
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Ex—Gambia’s Chief Justice Is In Ghana – Gov’t
- Ex—Foreign Minister Decries Absence Of United Opposition In Gambia
- Gambians Urged To Take A Stand Against President Jammeh
- DUGA Concludes Sensitisation Tour In Senegal
- Sacked Gambia’s Chief Justice In Hiding
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail