Friday, 04 January 2013 15:45(JollofNews) – The electoral commission of the Gambia has announced the date for the country’s local government elections.
The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) said it will conduct the elections for the Mayors of Banjul and Kanifing Municipal Council and councillors for the 114 wards in the country on April 4
Nominations of candidates will take place at the commission’s regional offices across the country on March 14 to 16.
Meanwhile it is not clear whether opposition parties in the country will contest the elections.
The opposition parties boycotted the last parliamentary elections following concerns at the lack of a level playing field in the country’s electoral process.
Written by PK Jarju
Who's OnlineWe have 69 guests and 2 members online
Should Death Penalty Be Abolished In The Gambia?
Follow us on Twitter
- Gambian Judiciary In The Hands Of Mercenary Judges
- Gambia’s Petroleum Minister Njogu Bah Removed
- Gambia’s Jammeh Vows To Eradicate Criminality
- Detained Gambian Editor Recounts Torture
- Detained Gambian Minister's Family Expressed Concern
- Gambian MPs Pays Tribute To Paul Mendy
- New Public Transport System For Gambia
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Begins Nationwide Tour
- Gambia To Inaugurate First ICT Assembly Plant
- Gambia Expels Lebanese Business Tycoon
- Correction: Re—Former Gambian MP Paul Mendy Dies In Detention
- Former Gambian MP Paul Mendy Dies In Detention
- Struggling Senegal Fishermen Turn To Aquaculture
- Gambia’s Agriculture Gets AFDB $26.6 M Boost
- Amnesty International Indicts Gambia Gov't