Who's OnlineWe have 168 guests online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Friday, 29 November 2013 23:33(JollofNews) – A newspaper messenger who was remanded at Gambia’s Mile Two Central Prisons for bad-mouthing president Yahya Jammeh has been freed on bail.
Mass Kah who works for the opposition Foroyaa Newspaper had earlier pleaded guilty to sedition at the Kanifing Magistrates' Court.
He was said to have committed a criminal offence by telling a supporter of the ruling APRC party to paste a picture of Yahya Jammeh in the sky.
He was arrested and detained incommunicado for over a week before he was charged.
Mass Kah was due to be sentenced on Thursday but changed his plea to not guilty. He was given a D100, 000 bail.
The case continues.
Written by PK Jarju
RELATED STORY: Gambian Guilty Of Bad—Mouthing President Jammeh
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Engaging Religious Leaders Towards Ending FGM
- Ex—Gambian Finance Minister’s Troubles Continues
- Ahead Of UN's Universal Periodic Review
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail