Who's OnlineWe have 133 guests online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Wednesday, 27 November 2013 15:58(JollofNews) – Barely four weeks after sacking his minister of Foreign Affairs, President Yahya Jammeh of the Gambia has fired Nana Grey—Johnson of his appointment as minister of Information and Communication Infrastructure.
Mr Grey—Johnson, a seasoned journalist was sent packing from his office on Tuesday. No reasons were given for his removal, but a news release from the Presidency said Mr Grey—Johnson was fired by President Jammeh in accordance with the Gambian constitution.
Nana Grey—Johnson, who was the pioneer of the internet activism law, joined the regime of Yahya Jammeh on 12th March 2013. He was also Secretary General No. 2, a post which was added to his portfolio on 10th June 2013.
Late last month, on 30th October, Susan Wafa-Ogoo was relieved of her appointment as minister of Foreign Affairs.
She has since been replaced by Dr Aboubacarr Senghore as minister of Foreign Affairs.
Written by JollofNews
RELATED STORY: Gambia Sack Foreign Minister Waffa-Ogoo
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Engaging Religious Leaders Towards Ending FGM
- Ex—Gambian Finance Minister’s Troubles Continues
- Ahead Of UN's Universal Periodic Review
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail