Who's OnlineWe have 178 guests and 2 members online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Tuesday, 12 November 2013 17:23(JollofNews) – Gambians in the United Kingdom Monday held a peaceful demonstration outside the Gambian High Commission in London.
The demonstration which was organised by the Campaign for Democratic Change Gambia (CDCG) was against the country’s recent withdrawal from the Commonwealth of Nations and the on-going rights abuses in the tiny West African nation.
The demonstrators who chanted: “Jammeh must go; Down down Dictator; we are Gambians; we don’t want Yahya Jammeh; Go to hell Yahya Jammeh” disrupted work at the embassy with visitors and staff unable to enter or leave the building.
A Portuguese national, who had a visa application appointment at the High commission on the day, was not allowed in, as the embassy staffs were scared to open their doors.
Mr Yanks Darboe, a member of the CDCG, said they want to prove to President Yahya Jammen and his regime that they would not be cowed by his threats.
“Gambians are peaceful people and will sacrifice all for peace,” he said. “However such sacrifice should not be misinterpreted as a weakness or cowardice.”
Mr Darboe added that they will continue to hold regular demonstrations to shed light on the plight of Gambians until “we see the end of this regime.”
Written by JollofNews
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail