Thursday, 10 October 2013 19:04(JollofNews) – A Magistrates court in the Gambia this morning granted bail to Journalist Fatou Camara of the Gambia Radio and Television Service (GRTS).
Ms Camara who also worked for President Yahya Jammeh as director of Press and Public Relations was arrested last month and detained incommunicado at a secret detention centre until this morning.
She is accused of giving false information to a public officer and was granted bail in the sum of D5 million by the Banjul Magistrates Court.
Ms Camara has pleaded not guilty to the charge. The case continues.
Written by PK Jarju
Who's OnlineWe have 111 guests online
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- APRC Retains Seat In Constituency By—Election
- South Africa’s Nelson Mandela Dies
- European Union To Vote On Gambia’s Aid Package
- Exiled Gambian Editor Publishes Memoir
- Three Gambians Remanded For Stealing Yahya Jammeh’s Cows
- Gambia Makes U-turn On Chicken Legs Ban
- Gambian Detained For Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Freed
- Gambia’s Information Minister Nana Grey—Johnson Fired
- Opposition Parties To Hold Unity Rallies In Gambia
- Exorbitant Demands For Aid Causes Gambia/Taiwan Tie Break
- Taiwan Regrets Gambia’s Decision To Cut Ties
- Gambia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Taiwan
- Gambia’s Jammeh Admits ‘I Am A Dictator’
- Gambians In London Takes To The Street
- Senegal‚ Casamance Rebels Set Talks Agenda