Sunday, 06 October 2013 09:24(JollofNews) – The Gambian government on Friday accused the United State of America and former colonial master Britain of leading a "shameless campaign of lying" against it, few days after its shock withdrawal from the Commonwealth of Nations.
With no prior warning to the Commonwealth Secretariat in London, the Gambian Government announced on Wednesday that it was leaving what it called a "neo-colonial" institution with "immediate effect".
In a statement read on the Gambia Radio and Television Services (GRTS), the government of Yahya Jammeh lashed out at London and Washington who it said had concocted lies about its human rights record.
Below is the link to the full statement and video ">clip
Who's OnlineWe have 119 guests and 1 member online
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- APRC Retains Seat In Constituency By—Election
- South Africa’s Nelson Mandela Dies
- European Union To Vote On Gambia’s Aid Package
- Exiled Gambian Editor Publishes Memoir
- Three Gambians Remanded For Stealing Yahya Jammeh’s Cows
- Gambia Makes U-turn On Chicken Legs Ban
- Gambian Detained For Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Freed
- Gambia’s Information Minister Nana Grey—Johnson Fired
- Opposition Parties To Hold Unity Rallies In Gambia
- Exorbitant Demands For Aid Causes Gambia/Taiwan Tie Break
- Taiwan Regrets Gambia’s Decision To Cut Ties
- Gambia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Taiwan
- Gambia’s Jammeh Admits ‘I Am A Dictator’
- Gambians In London Takes To The Street
- Senegal‚ Casamance Rebels Set Talks Agenda