Tuesday, 13 August 2013 15:51(JollofNews) – President Yahya Jammeh of the Gambia has yesterday sacked three senior ministers from his cabinet.
Mrs Teneng Mba Jaiteh, minister of Energy, Mr. Francis Liti Mboge, minister of Transport, Works and Infrastructure and Dr. Mamadou Tangara, minister of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology were sent packing from the offices without any explanation.
A statement from the Office of the President said the ministers were removed by President Jammeh in accordance with the provisions of the country’s constitution.
Meanwhile, Bala Garba Jahumpa, minister of Health, Social Welfare and National Assembly Matters, has been redeployed to the Ministry of Transport. Works and Infrastructure.
Hiring and firing of ministers is a common thing in Mr Jammeh’s cabinet. Since taking over the reins of power in July 1994, Mr Jammeh has hired and fired nearly 200 ministers.
Written PK Jarju
Who's OnlineWe have 113 guests and 1 member online
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- APRC Retains Seat In Constituency By—Election
- South Africa’s Nelson Mandela Dies
- European Union To Vote On Gambia’s Aid Package
- Exiled Gambian Editor Publishes Memoir
- Three Gambians Remanded For Stealing Yahya Jammeh’s Cows
- Gambia Makes U-turn On Chicken Legs Ban
- Gambian Detained For Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Freed
- Gambia’s Information Minister Nana Grey—Johnson Fired
- Opposition Parties To Hold Unity Rallies In Gambia
- Exorbitant Demands For Aid Causes Gambia/Taiwan Tie Break
- Taiwan Regrets Gambia’s Decision To Cut Ties
- Gambia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Taiwan
- Gambia’s Jammeh Admits ‘I Am A Dictator’
- Gambians In London Takes To The Street
- Senegal‚ Casamance Rebels Set Talks Agenda