Who's OnlineWe have 147 guests and 4 members online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Friday, 04 January 2013 15:45(JollofNews) – The electoral commission of the Gambia has announced the date for the country’s local government elections.
The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) said it will conduct the elections for the Mayors of Banjul and Kanifing Municipal Council and councillors for the 114 wards in the country on April 4
Nominations of candidates will take place at the commission’s regional offices across the country on March 14 to 16.
Meanwhile it is not clear whether opposition parties in the country will contest the elections.
The opposition parties boycotted the last parliamentary elections following concerns at the lack of a level playing field in the country’s electoral process.
Written by PK Jarju
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Engaging Religious Leaders Towards Ending FGM
- Ex—Gambian Finance Minister’s Troubles Continues
- Ahead Of UN's Universal Periodic Review
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail