Who's OnlineWe have 165 guests online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Saturday, 29 December 2012 13:25(JollofNews) – The former director general of the Gambia Radio and Television Services (GRTS), Alhaji Momodou Sanyang, has passed away.
He is reported to have died this morning in the Gambia after a protracted illness.
Mr Sanyang joined the state broadcaster over three decades ago and worked his way up the management ladder.
He was famous for presenting the evening news in Jola and Kamick a Jola, a weekly request show programme.
Mr Sanyang is regarded by colleagues as a brilliant radio and television editor who edited a number of flagship television programme.
He was a member of the board of directors of many companies in the Gambia including the Daily Observer Newspaper.
Written by PK Jarju
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Ex—Gambian Finance Minister’s Troubles Continues
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail