Who's OnlineWe have 226 guests online
Saturday, 29 December 2012 13:25(JollofNews) – The former director general of the Gambia Radio and Television Services (GRTS), Alhaji Momodou Sanyang, has passed away.
He is reported to have died this morning in the Gambia after a protracted illness.
Mr Sanyang joined the state broadcaster over three decades ago and worked his way up the management ladder.
He was famous for presenting the evening news in Jola and Kamick a Jola, a weekly request show programme.
Mr Sanyang is regarded by colleagues as a brilliant radio and television editor who edited a number of flagship television programme.
He was a member of the board of directors of many companies in the Gambia including the Daily Observer Newspaper.
Written by PK Jarju
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Senegal Police Disperse Crowds As Ex-President's Return Delayed
- Gambians Urged To Intensify Fight Against Oppression
- Ex—Gambian Diplomat Frowns At Youssou N’dour
- Guinea-Bissau Run-Off To Decide President
- Senegal's Karim Wade 'To Face Corruption Trial'
- Care For Women & Girls To Host Lunch On Sale
- Gambia Roots Homecoming Festival On Track
- Remittance Fees Hurt Africans, Says Comic Relief
- Anti-Corruption Judges To Rule On Senegal Ex-President's Son
- US Praises Peaceful Polls In Guinea–Bissau
- Gambian Opposition Leaders Sing Discordant Tunes Ahead Of 2016 Polls
- Flashback: Halifa’s Letter To Jammeh On The Killing Of Student Protesters
- GCC Website, Future Of The Struggle And A Time For National Resistance
- Exiled Former Gambian Student Leader Speaks
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail
IMF says sub-Saharan Africa faces heightened risk of capital outflowsNAIROBI (Reuters) - Investment in infrastructure and natural resources will continue to underpin economic activity...