Saturday, 29 December 2012 13:25(JollofNews) – The former director general of the Gambia Radio and Television Services (GRTS), Alhaji Momodou Sanyang, has passed away.
He is reported to have died this morning in the Gambia after a protracted illness.
Mr Sanyang joined the state broadcaster over three decades ago and worked his way up the management ladder.
He was famous for presenting the evening news in Jola and Kamick a Jola, a weekly request show programme.
Mr Sanyang is regarded by colleagues as a brilliant radio and television editor who edited a number of flagship television programme.
He was a member of the board of directors of many companies in the Gambia including the Daily Observer Newspaper.
Written by PK Jarju
Who's OnlineWe have 103 guests and 1 member online
Should Death Penalty Be Abolished In The Gambia?
Follow us on Twitter
- Obama Tells Africa To Stop Blaming Colonialism For Problems
- Sacked Gambian Justice Officials Remanded
- Banjul—Barra Ferries Are 'Filthy, Smelly'- DA Jawo
- Ex—Senegal First Lady On Emotional Visit To Jailed Son
- Gambian Judiciary In The Hands Of Mercenary Judges
- Gambia’s Petroleum Minister Njogu Bah Removed
- Gambia’s Jammeh Vows To Eradicate Criminality
- Detained Gambian Editor Recounts Torture
- Detained Gambian Minister's Family Expressed Concern
- Gambian MPs Pays Tribute To Paul Mendy
- New Public Transport System For Gambia
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Begins Nationwide Tour
- Gambia To Inaugurate First ICT Assembly Plant
- Gambia Expels Lebanese Business Tycoon
- Correction: Re—Former Gambian MP Paul Mendy Dies In Detention