Saturday, 29 December 2012 13:25(JollofNews) – The former director general of the Gambia Radio and Television Services (GRTS), Alhaji Momodou Sanyang, has passed away.
He is reported to have died this morning in the Gambia after a protracted illness.
Mr Sanyang joined the state broadcaster over three decades ago and worked his way up the management ladder.
He was famous for presenting the evening news in Jola and Kamick a Jola, a weekly request show programme.
Mr Sanyang is regarded by colleagues as a brilliant radio and television editor who edited a number of flagship television programme.
He was a member of the board of directors of many companies in the Gambia including the Daily Observer Newspaper.
Written by PK Jarju
Who's OnlineWe have 162 guests and 1 member online
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail
- Gambia Must Release Three Opposition Members— Statement
- Gambia's Opposition Leader Condemns Treasurer’s Conviction
- Gambian Opposition Treasurer Jailed For Sedition
- Gambia Urged To Investigate Journalist's Killing
- Deyda Hydara’s Last Article, The New Laws
- Editorial: Remembering Deyda Hydara
- Presidential Cattle Snatchers Granted Bail In Gambia
- Veteran Gambian Journo Hits Back At Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh Attends Mandela’s Memorial
- Yahya Jammeh Blames External Forces For Africa’s Wars
- APRC Retains Seat In Constituency By—Election
- South Africa’s Nelson Mandela Dies
- European Union To Vote On Gambia’s Aid Package
- Exiled Gambian Editor Publishes Memoir