Who's OnlineWe have 148 guests and 1 member online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Thursday, 20 December 2012 02:00(JollofNews) – For more than two weeks Imam Baba Leigh remains in the hands of government agents who took him to an unknown location and continue to hold him without reason.
The fact that a senior religious leader of Imam Leigh’s standing can be easily bundled into a waiting car by small boys and disappear without trace for weeks, is indicative of the depth to which moral has sunk in the Gambia.
And just when you begin to think that things have changed for the better in the country, another ugly episode of gross human right abuse will emerge to further blemish the already battered image of this wonderful nation.
What is even more mind bugling this time is the continuous silence on the matter by the regime. Despite all calls for sanity, the regime in Banjul stays mute over this most serious affair.
Typical of the tyranny that has gripped our motherland for nearly two decades now, no one beyond a few politicians could raise their voice on this matter, again for fear of reprisals.
News outlets and radio stations have been shut down.
Mr Jammeh and his thugs have made sure that the citizenry is kept in total fear through intimidation, illegal detention and worse, disappearances.
Imam Baba Leigh is an upright Gambian with a human heart and a firm resolves to fight injustice. He has persistently fought against human rights violations against women, children and all mankind in the Gambia, in addition to his treatment of pertinent issues affecting Gambians.
A man who does not hesitate to denounce injustice whenever he sees one, Leigh is an asset in the Gambia and his freedom must be guaranteed. Any attempt to humiliate or subject such men of substance to harassment would fail.
The sooner Yahya Jammeh realizes that he is not God and would one they pay for all these crimes the better for him. If he chose to ignore this advise, he would be heading for the Charles Taylor way. It is just a matter of time.
Release Baba Leigh today and start to redeem yourself Mr President!
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail