Who's OnlineWe have 230 guests and 1 member online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Sunday, 19 May 2013 17:31(JollofNews) – The sports fraternity in the Gambia is mourning the death of Mamudou Max Jallow, executive secretary of the National Sports Council (NSC).
He died this morning at the Francis Small Hospital (formerly Royal Victoria Teaching Hospital) in Banjul after a short illness.
Mr Jallow, joined the NSC in 2001 as a development officer before being appointed executive secretary in February 2011.
Prior to joining the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Max Jallow worked as a cadet planner at the Ministry of Agriculture before proceeding to the University Extension Programme (UEP) where he got a bachelors degree in Development Studies.
In 2004, he was offered a sponsorship package by the International Olympic Committee through the Gambia National Olympic to do a masters programme in Sports Science at the University of Bedfordshire, UK.
Meanwhile, many Gambians have taken to the social networking site, Facebook, to pay tribute to him.
One AL Bojang wrote: "A great lost to the nation. RIP Max Jallow." Another Gambian Babs Sengz wrote: "This is some tragic news. I am lost for words to describe what a big lost it is to Gambian sports. He is hardworking and willing. I did keep loads of memories of the Brufut Run, the nawettan and the endless press conferences and will be missing you for good.
Thanks for the memories and May Allah grant you eternal peace in Jannah."
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Written by PK Jarju
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail