Who's OnlineWe have 135 guests and 2 members online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Tuesday, 31 July 2012 16:28(BBC) – Bristol Rovers manager Mark McGhee has confirmed Mustapha Carayol is on the verge of joining Middlesbrough.
The 22-year-old still has a year left to run on his Rovers contract but has attracted interest from club's higher up the league rankings.
McGhee admitted last month he would be willing to sell the highly-rated winger if their valuation was met.
And the Scotsman confirmed to BBC Radio Bristol: "We think we are very close to a deal, although it's not done yet."
Gambia-born Carayol joined Rovers from Lincoln for an undisclosed fee in June 2011 and he made 35 appearances last term, scoring six goals.
He was the subject of a bid from Championship side Barnsley and one other unnamed club, who are thought to have offered a six-figure sum for the winger, but both were rejected by the Pirates.
Carayol did enter talks with over a contract extension at the Memorial Stadium but the two parties failed to reach an agreement.
Meanwhile, McGhee went on to reveal he was close to signing defender Garry Kenneth.
The Scotland international, 25, is a free agent after ending his eight-year association with Dundee United.
"We intend to sign Garry," said McGhee. "He's been down and met us, and we're happy with everything we've agreed.
"We expect, subject to a medical, that he'll join us this week."
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Sacked Gambia’s Chief Justice In Hiding
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail