Who's OnlineWe have 156 guests and 2 members online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Thursday, 07 January 2010 15:59Senegalese police have arrested and detained six people on suspicion of drug peddling. The incident occurred in Southern Senegal’s provincial capital, Ziguinchor. Police announced on Monday that they seized two kilograms of cocaine on a minibus the suspects - three Senegalese, a Gambian and two Nigerian - were travelling in. The arrest, accordingly, highlights the vulnerability of Guinea Bissau were the suspects were reported to have obtained the illegal products from.
"The two kilograms of cocaine were in a bag of which none of the eight passengers acknowledges being the owner," AFP quoted a police source.
Report also said that two other passengers, a Senegalese woman and her little girl, were allowed to go free. Recent instability in Guinea Bissau has weakened its security apparatus, rendering it helpless to tackle a widely reported drug dealing trend. Islamist terrorists linked to Al-Qaeda have since been linked to the West African nation as a new staging point for their lucrative drug trade with South American drug barons.
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Ex—Gambian Military Officers Form 'National Resistance Movement'
- Gambia’s President`s Inconsistency Sparks Criticism
- Over Ex—CJ Agyemang’s Case: Ghanaians Unhappy With Gambia
- Senegalese Musician Gets 10—Day Jail Term For Attempted Bribery
- Ex—Gambia’s Chief Justice Is In Ghana – Gov’t
- Ex—Foreign Minister Decries Absence Of United Opposition In Gambia
- Gambians Urged To Take A Stand Against President Jammeh
- DUGA Concludes Sensitisation Tour In Senegal
- Sacked Gambia’s Chief Justice In Hiding
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail