Who's OnlineWe have 190 guests and 3 members online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Saturday, 25 January 2014 18:25(JollofNews) – British detectives have intensified their hunt for a Gambian man wanted over a string of sex attacks on women in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Lamin Touray, 35, who goes by several other names including Lamin Janneh, is alleged to have committed series of sexual attacks including ‘the serious sexual assault of a woman’ in Leeds, West Yorkshire, last month.
Touray, who has links to West Yorkshire and Newport in Gwent is named among Britain’s most wanted and has evaded capture for more than six weeks.
On Wednesday night, the Metropolitan police launched an appeal for help on the BBC’s Crimewatch programme.
Detective Chief Inspector Jon Morgan, from West Yorkshire Police’s protective services team, said the investigation had been given new impetus.
“We are actively following up a number of potential leads as a result of the information we received from the television appeal,” he said.
Detective Chief Inspector Morgan added: “We urgently need to trace Touray and speak to him at the earliest opportunity. I would urge anyone who knows his whereabouts or who has any information that could assist in tracing him to contact us immediately.”
Police initially called for help to find Touray after a 21-year-old woman was assaulted in Pine Court, off The Calls in Leeds city centre, at about 5am on 8 December 2013.
Since then three other women have come forward to report sexual assaults in the city by a man matching Touray’s description.
Those offences took place between October and December last year.
Touray who is in the country illegally is described as black, 5ft 7ins tall and of slim build.
Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives from protective services via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
Written by PK Jarju
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail