Who's OnlineWe have 197 guests online
Thursday, 28 November 2013 16:49(JollofNews) – A Gambian newspaper messenger who told a supporter of the governing APRC party to paste a picture of President Yahya Jammeh in the sky has been found guilty of sedition.
Mass Kah, who works for the opposition Foroyaa Newspaper, was found guilty on Wednesday by a Magistrates’ court in Kanifing some seven miles away from the capital Banjul.
Prosecutors said Mr Kah, on 14 November at Latrikunda German with wilful intention, uttered a statement against the president’s photo which one Lamin Camara was pasting on his vehicle, saying: “Why not paste the photo of His Excellency, the president in the sky?.”
The prosecution added that Mr Kah had committed a criminal offence by uttering such words against President Jammeh.
Mr Kah was arrested and detained by police. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was remanded at the Mile Two Prisons.
Written by PK Jarju
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Senegal's Ex—President Wade To Return Home
- Gambians Urged To Intensify Fight Against Oppression
- Ex—Gambian Diplomat Frowns At Youssou N’dour
- Guinea-Bissau Run-Off To Decide President
- Senegal's Karim Wade 'To Face Corruption Trial'
- Care For Women & Girls To Host Lunch On Sale
- Gambia Roots Homecoming Festival On Track
- Remittance Fees Hurt Africans, Says Comic Relief
- Anti-Corruption Judges To Rule On Senegal Ex-President's Son
- US Praises Peaceful Polls In Guinea–Bissau
- Gambian Opposition Leaders Sing Discordant Tunes Ahead Of 2016 Polls
- Flashback: Halifa’s Letter To Jammeh On The Killing Of Student Protesters
- GCC Website, Future Of The Struggle And A Time For National Resistance
- Exiled Former Gambian Student Leader Speaks
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail
Paying for giant Nile dam itself, Ethiopia thwarts Egypt but takes risksADDIS ABABA (Reuters) - Ethiopia's bold decision to pay for a huge dam itself has...