Who's OnlineWe have 226 guests online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Thursday, 28 November 2013 16:49(JollofNews) – A Gambian newspaper messenger who told a supporter of the governing APRC party to paste a picture of President Yahya Jammeh in the sky has been found guilty of sedition.
Mass Kah, who works for the opposition Foroyaa Newspaper, was found guilty on Wednesday by a Magistrates’ court in Kanifing some seven miles away from the capital Banjul.
Prosecutors said Mr Kah, on 14 November at Latrikunda German with wilful intention, uttered a statement against the president’s photo which one Lamin Camara was pasting on his vehicle, saying: “Why not paste the photo of His Excellency, the president in the sky?.”
The prosecution added that Mr Kah had committed a criminal offence by uttering such words against President Jammeh.
Mr Kah was arrested and detained by police. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was remanded at the Mile Two Prisons.
Written by PK Jarju
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail