Who's OnlineWe have 228 guests and 2 members online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Saturday, 15 December 2012 15:22(JollofNews) – What is believed to be the first ever anti-tyranny (some would say anti-Jammeh) music video on the struggle to regain democracy in Gambia has hits the internet.
The video was done by a group of artists believed to be Senegambians.
It is not clear what their nationalities are exactly.
“How many years the people have been oppressed?
“If we don’t agree so we have to protest.
“We have to handle our own destiny
“So it’s the right time to fight against impunity…” the lyrics go.
The music video, titled: Against Impunity, is sang in both Wollof and English. The artists go by the name Xuman, Djily Bagdad, Tiat & Ombre Zion.
Besides the hits on Youtube, with views above 330, on facebook the video is going viral with Gambians both in and out of the country sharing it on their walls.
There is unanimous applause by those who have viewed it, with some directing their anger on the home based musicians who have all these years been praising Yahya Jammeh despite reports of abuses by his regime.
"Rhymes for sum mo' politicians. Life is still worth actions," notes the director and uploaded of the video on Youtube, Iris Audiovisuel.
“By the time u guys read this song, we be keep on praying for all the souls that still go through injustice and impunity,” they add.
This development comes as report of arrest and detention by Yahya Jammeh’s secrete police continue by the day.
The latest victim is his former Minister of Finance, Mambury Njie.
Vocal Imam and critic of human rights violations in Gambia, Baba Leigh, still languishes in prison without any charge by the Yahya Jammeh regime.
Written by Kemo Cham
&feature=youtu.be">Xuman & Djily Bagdad & Tiat & Ombre Zion - Against Impunity (HD)
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Gambia’s GMC Seeks To Derail Jammeh’s ECOWAS Chairmanship Bid
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail