Thursday, 24 November 2011 02:04Delivered on Tuesday, 22nd November 2011
(Mailbag) - Fellow Gambians, the campaign for the 2011 presidential elections will be over by midnight today, Tuesday, 22nd November 2011. The Gambia witnessed one of the biggest political gatherings in recent years when UDP and its alliance partners held a rally in Serekunda. Despite the sabotage by the Gambia Radio and Television Services; despite the sabotage by NAWEC; despite the use of state resources for the benefit of the ruling party, Gambians have now demonstrated their readiness for democratic change.
May I take this opportunity to express my personal and sincere thanks to the hundreds of thousands of Gambians at home and abroad for your moral, political and financial support.
On behalf of UDP and its alliance partners, I hereby communicate to all of you, our heartfelt gratitude. Undoubtedly, Gambia depends on its good and patriotic sons and daughters for the salvation of our motherland. It is your efforts and tenacity that have contributed to the desire of change that has taken hold in Gambia in the past few weeks. The culmination will be Thursday, 24th November 2011, when the Yahya Jammeh tyranny would come to a final and complete termination, by the power of your votes.
For those of you who are in the country, make sure that you, your relatives and friends go out and vote massively for the UDP and its Alliance partners in order to usher in a UDP led unity government that can take the country into the path of development with dignity.
For those of you in the Diaspora, please contact your families and friends back home and urge them to go out and vote massively for the UDP.
THANK YOU Gambians!!
LONG LIVE the UDP Led Alliance!!
And God Bless the Republic of The Gambia!!
A.N.M. Ousainu Darboe
Banjul, The Gambia
Who's OnlineWe have 149 guests and 1 member online
Should Death Penalty Be Abolished In The Gambia?
Follow us on Twitter
- Amnesty International Indicts Gambia Gov't
- Senegal's Prosecution Of Habre 'Illegal'
- Obama To Take First Major Africa Trip In Late June
- Top Gambian Sports Executive Officer Dies
- G/Bissau Declares Mourning For Ex-Interim President
- Book Review: Standing Up Against Injustice – Dr. Amadou S Janneh
- Gambia's Jammeh In LGBT 'Hall Of Shame'
- Ex-Gambian Minister Publishes Memoirs
- Gambia Supports UN Resolution On Syria
- Two Gambians In Court For 'Gay Sex'
- Iranian Azim Aghajani Convicted Over Nigeria Arms
- Amnesty Int’l Denounces Gambia’s Harsh Criminal Law
- Michael Scales Gives To JollofNews
- Jollof News Online Appeals For Help
- Twelve Bomb Disposal Experts Abducted In Senegal