Who's OnlineWe have 241 guests and 1 member online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Sunday, 09 September 2012 20:44(JollofNews) – World music icon Youssou Ndour starred in a charity concert on Saturday for flood victims in Senegal, his first performance since becoming culture minister in April.
Ndour, who was disqualified for running for president in a March election, performed alongside three other Senegalese music stars -- Ismael Lo, Thione Seck and Omar Pene.
"This is a moment of national solidarity, and a very important moment for Senegalese music and culture," he said.
Ndour said the concert raised the equivalent of around 148,000 euros for the victims of floods that have killed at least 13 people in two weeks and left thousands homeless. Organisers had said they were hoping to raise around 230,000 euros.
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Ex—Gambia’s Chief Justice Is In Ghana – Gov’t
- Ex—Foreign Minister Decries Absence Of United Opposition In Gambia
- Gambians Urged To Take A Stand Against President Jammeh
- DUGA Concludes Sensitisation Tour In Senegal
- Sacked Gambia’s Chief Justice In Hiding
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail