Friday, 07 September 2012 19:13(JollofNews) – Youssou Ndour, a world music icon and Senegal's culture minister, will star Saturday in a charity concert for flood victims in Dakar, organisers said.
"I consulted the culture minister, Youssou Ndour... and we decided to organise something to assist those affected" by the floods, ministry official Omar Pene told AFP.
Ndour, who decided to run for president this year only to be disqualified by the top court before the March poll, will perform alongside Ismael Lo, Thione Seck and Omar Pene, who is also a singer.
"It's the first time the four of them hold a concert together. It's a joint project, they are not simply going to sing one after the other," said Charles Faye, one of Ndour's close friends.
Organisers are hoping to raise around $300,000 for the victims of floods that have killed at least 13 people in two weeks and left thousands homeless.
Who's OnlineWe have 110 guests and 1 member online
Should Death Penalty Be Abolished In The Gambia?
Follow us on Twitter
- Top Gambian Sports Executive Officer Dies
- G/Bissau Declares Mourning For Ex-Interim President
- Book Review: Standing Up Against Injustice – Dr. Amadou S Janneh
- Gambia's Jammeh In LGBT 'Hall Of Shame'
- Ex-Gambian Minister Publishes Memoirs
- Gambia Supports UN Resolution On Syria
- Two Gambians In Court For 'Gay Sex'
- Iranian Azim Aghajani Convicted Over Nigeria Arms
- Amnesty Int’l Denounces Gambia’s Harsh Criminal Law
- Michael Scales Gives To JollofNews
- Jollof News Online Appeals For Help
- Twelve Bomb Disposal Experts Abducted In Senegal
- Gambia Sticks Two Fingers Up At Britain
- Gambian Women Still Facing Discrimination, Sexual Violence
- Bissau Leader Pledges Election By Year End