Who's OnlineWe have 165 guests online
DONATE TO JOLLOFNEWS
Friday, 07 September 2012 19:13(JollofNews) – Youssou Ndour, a world music icon and Senegal's culture minister, will star Saturday in a charity concert for flood victims in Dakar, organisers said.
"I consulted the culture minister, Youssou Ndour... and we decided to organise something to assist those affected" by the floods, ministry official Omar Pene told AFP.
Ndour, who decided to run for president this year only to be disqualified by the top court before the March poll, will perform alongside Ismael Lo, Thione Seck and Omar Pene, who is also a singer.
"It's the first time the four of them hold a concert together. It's a joint project, they are not simply going to sing one after the other," said Charles Faye, one of Ndour's close friends.
Organisers are hoping to raise around $300,000 for the victims of floods that have killed at least 13 people in two weeks and left thousands homeless.
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Sacked Gambia’s Chief Justice In Hiding
- Gambia To Dump English As Official Language
- Gambia’s Jammeh Calls For Industrialisation Of Africa
- New Gambian Chief Justice Sworn—In
- Gambia's Minority Leaders Slams President Jammeh
- British Library Awards Grant To Gambia
- Serious Corruption Uncovered In Gambia
- Gambia's Jammeh Blames The West For Africa’s Instability
- Gambia’s Yahya Jammeh Takes On Terrorist Groups
- Yahya Jammeh Warns Against Street Demonstration In Gambia
- US’s Obama Frowns At Gambia’s Jammeh
- Gambia’s Jammeh – Africa Will Remain Grateful To Nigeria
- Gambia’s Islamic Council Backs Jammeh On Anti—Gay Crusade
- Gambia’s Prosecutors Say Bad—Mouthing Jammeh Is Sedition
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail