Who's OnlineWe have 193 guests online
Friday, 07 September 2012 19:13(JollofNews) – Youssou Ndour, a world music icon and Senegal's culture minister, will star Saturday in a charity concert for flood victims in Dakar, organisers said.
"I consulted the culture minister, Youssou Ndour... and we decided to organise something to assist those affected" by the floods, ministry official Omar Pene told AFP.
Ndour, who decided to run for president this year only to be disqualified by the top court before the March poll, will perform alongside Ismael Lo, Thione Seck and Omar Pene, who is also a singer.
"It's the first time the four of them hold a concert together. It's a joint project, they are not simply going to sing one after the other," said Charles Faye, one of Ndour's close friends.
Organisers are hoping to raise around $300,000 for the victims of floods that have killed at least 13 people in two weeks and left thousands homeless.
CONTACT US ON SKYPE
Should homosexuality be legalised in The Gambia?
- Gambians Urged To Intensify Fight Against Oppression
- Ex—Gambian Diplomat Frowns At Youssou N’dour
- Guinea-Bissau Run-Off To Decide President
- Senegal's Karim Wade 'To Face Corruption Trial'
- Care For Women & Girls To Host Lunch On Sale
- Gambia Roots Homecoming Festival On Track
- Remittance Fees Hurt Africans, Says Comic Relief
- Anti-Corruption Judges To Rule On Senegal Ex-President's Son
- US Praises Peaceful Polls In Guinea–Bissau
- Gambian Opposition Leaders Sing Discordant Tunes Ahead Of 2016 Polls
- Flashback: Halifa’s Letter To Jammeh On The Killing Of Student Protesters
- GCC Website, Future Of The Struggle And A Time For National Resistance
- Exiled Former Gambian Student Leader Speaks
- GMC’s Mai Fatty Pays Tribute To Fallen Gambian Protesters
- Njogu Bah, Lamin Jobarteh & Pa Harry Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail
Iran says plane at airport leased to Ghana after US-flagged plane sightingDUBAI (Reuters) - Iran says that a plane which landed in Tehran airport flying the...